Sunday, June 4, 2017

All About Gingham

Kaixo everyone,

I don't know if it's me, that I have way too much free time now, that I browse online stores constantly,  or that my eyesight is just going squary, but I see gingham EVERYWHERE. I've always loved gingham. It's a really easy pattern to wear, reminds me of my childhood, and it's just downright adorable and preppy. I love that it's back because you can have both classic and more contemporary pieces. I have seen it on new cuts, accessories I would never think of, and everywhere in Zara (and if it's in Zara, it's a done deal). I rounded up the following gingham lovelies for your (and my) consumption, including a couple of pieces that I own:


Clockwise from top left:
Zara Top with Contrasted Embroidery: I bought this top right after I got home, and even though I thought it would be ill-fitting, it has become one of my favorite tops. The embroidery is gorgeous, and it can be perfect with a bright colored cardigan for summer or a navy cardigan for the office.
ASOS Midi Skirt with Tied Waist: I have a secret to confess *cue dramatic music*. I do not wear anything yellow, ever. I've always associated that color with bananas, and I do not think wearing the same color as a banana looks good on me, at all. People with darker skin usually look amazing in yellow, but not me. However, the yellow in gingham is usually softer, easier on my nuclear white pale skin. Also, not showing my butt when I sit while wearing a skirt #tallpeopleprobs is a huge bonus.
Draper James Cotton Sundress: This dress is the kind of dress you look at with longing when you see it at the storefront while your mom takes you to a cheaper store (and moms are always right, do go to the cheaper store). However, if dreaming is allowed, this is what I'd wear while doing Alice in Wonderland shenanigans. Also, Carly from The College Prepster is #goals with it.


Boohoo Cold Shoulder Bow Top: Okay everyone, have a look at the description of this top. Cold Shoulder. Bow. The people at Boohoo are incredibly smart. They have combined two of the most prominent trends, the cold shoulder trend and the one at hand in this post, and my weakness in all garments: Bows. Payday where you at?
ASOS Smock Dress: Another confession *cue super dramatic music*: I do not wear red either (except for one occasion a year, I may blog about it when it comes up). It is a very bold color for me. I do believe it looks good, but not as good as blue, pink or green. In any case, should I choose to wear red with gingham, this fun dress would be my top 1 pick.
J. Crew Bow Hair Tie: Pardon my French, but hair ties are the absolute s**t, especially if they are cute like this one. They can double as both a hair tie or a bracelet, they are comfortable, easy to put on and remove, and if you have long hair, a must-have all day, everyday.
Superga 2750 Calico Sneaker: Introducing: the Italian darling sneaker Superga gets a gingham makeover. I have still not bit the bullet with these shoes due to my everlasting loyalty to my white Chucks, but if I were to, these would be great to start with.
J. Crew Shirt: I have this shirt, and let me tell you, it's amazing! Lightweight, casual and put-together at the same time (you thought that was not possible, right? Well ha! J. Crew does it again!), this shirt combines my love for pink, gingham, casual, and preppy into one perfect cottony bundle.
GaiaTM for J. Crew Pom Pom Bag: This is the most fun piece of this roundup, hands down! Pom poms, whether you like it or not, are very in style. You'd have to live under a rock not to know this. I've mentioned this before, but poking and crushing pom poms in your hand is the greatest stress relief. Give it a gingham touch and boom! Love at first sight.
River Island Cross Body Bag: If I had to make a list of in what order I'd buy the pieces of this round-up (and without considering the shirts that I already own), this would be my number one pick. My favorite gingham combos are white and blue and white and pink. I can imagine dressing my future babies in them. This bag color blocks both of them, and the effect is sleek and elegant like a young London aristocrat wreaking havoc in Chelsea, yet charming and traditional like the gingham of your childhood. River Island for the win.

This round-up is probably the one I've done on the blog that I like most, but I swear to God I could've kept adding and adding dresses, shirts, and swimwear to this list. That is why I hope you give me more gingham recommendations. Sound off below!

Love,

- Ane
GuardarGuardar

2 comments:

  1. I love this pattern too, I adore the Draper James dress!
    xo, Syd
    anchoredinthesouth.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the prettiest, isn't it? :)
      Love,

      - Ane

      Delete