Saturday, October 3, 2015

Packing light

Kaixo everyone!

Did you like my NYC adventures? I don't know if you found it odd, but after reading it, I did find odd that I didn't even speak about WHAT I WORE. IN NYC. Jesus Christ.

Now, it's true that I did look a little touristy when taking pics, shouting obnoxiously in the streets, and looking at the map. But I tried to be a) stylish, b) practical. I was flying for a weekend, I'd have to walk a lot, and I wanted to go shopping and I didn't wanna carry one of my huge suitcases, so I took my hiking backpack and filled it up with the basics:


Clockwise from top left: Yoga pants: Lululemon // Dress: Zara // Kimono: H&M (old, similar here) // Cardigan: Zara // T-shirt: Madewell // Scarf: Lilly Pulitzer (old, similar here) // Sneakers: Vans

While it's true I also brought pajamas, a tank top (that I ended up using outside) and accessories, my backpack was limited to this, and honestly, it was for the best, it was never heavy and I think I was quite stylish for a tourist wearing these. Seriously, it's super easy to combine when you have pieces like these, they are actually incredibly comfortable, and still, it looks very put together compared to those poor old folks wearing obnoxiously bright t-shirts bought somewhere in Florida! (I'll be one of those grandmas who wears them though, because hopefully, by the time I'm old, I'll have run out of f***s to give) Some day I'll write about tourists... My favorite topic to complain about when I travel, even though I'm another one... But there are different types, I swear. And I can always learn from criticizing others, right...?

What do you guys pack when traveling for a few days? Do you include going out clothes?
Love,

- Ane

No comments:

Post a Comment