Thursday, June 27, 2019

Nail Polish Essentials Vol. II

Kaixo everybody,

As I spend my morning sipping tea and watching Netflix and retouching my nails, I have come to the realization that from back when I wrote about my nail polish essentials of 2015, I have only consistently returned back to two of them! Merino Cool and the All in One base coat and top coat are still going strong. I don't feel as passionate about the former as in 2015, but it's still a nice demure color that I use in the fall. However, my other choices have changed. Not because I didn't like those shades (I'm looking like crazy for Pansy), but they did their job and I can find something better.
Here are my current choices from Essie:


From top-left to bottom-right:
- Midnight Cami: The one I have had the longest, this shade is great for fall and winter. Now that I'm in Spain for summer, I didn't bring it, but it's easy to apply and easier to fix.
- Play Date: This one I don't have anymore (because it got destroyed on my trip to Costa Rica, RIP), but good lord, I could NOT STOP LOOKING AT IT. This is one I'm planning to get again eventually.
- Forever Yummy: I had A-List for a while (also got destroyed on a trip, wtf) and when deciding for a new red shade, I went with this one. I try to get a darker shade of red to complement my fair skin, and this one is great!
- Bikini So Teeny: If this isn't the most basic Essie shade there is, lmk lmao. My sister loves it, and I like it a lot better than Borrowed and Blue, but I'm pretty sure that once I'm done with it I'll go for a shade that's darker.
- Ballet Slippers: This one doesn't look great on my skin, is kinda difficult to apply because it's a tad sheer, but the QUEEN wears it and that's enough for me to love it. More than Fiji.
- Lovie Dovie: I literally just bought this, but so far so good! I was looking for some Barbie pink, and in the absence of Pansy, this will do!

While this seems an ad for Essie, I gotta say that I just really love the colors and the brand!! However, I do have favorites from other brands too!


- O.P.I. Black Cherry Chutney: I got this one from a hair styling set, and honestly, it has the best formula ever, and it can go on for weeks, unchanged. I love wearing dark hues like this, particularly in colder temperatures. I did bring it back to the Basque Country with me for the summer, though!
- Chanel Fiction: I got this one on a whim from a store that was closing for good, and I am honestly pretty pleased. The formula isn't fantastic, and I doubt that I would purchase this full-price, but it's a nice color for my current collection!

Anddd this is it for my 2019 nail obsessies (lol I HAD TO, K?) so far. There are some colors in my radar right now, but I'll probably get them once I get back to the US.

Love,

- Ane


No comments:

Post a Comment