Saturday, January 26, 2019

Feel-good pinks

Kaixo everyone,

Long time no see! I have obviously been MIA. I am currently in my 4th year of the PhD program, and last semester I passed my dissertation proposal defense, making me ABD (All But Dissertation). While I would love to be wearing my pretty pink outfits out, it's mostly been a black sea in the midst of snow and ice, which is, truth to be told, hella depressing. I have been in a funk recently, and today, when I got home, I started to think about the things that would make me feel better by wearing them. Pink, preppy and pretty are my three feel-good Ps. Here are my picks:

Clockwise from left to right:
J. Crew Long Sleeve Dress in Peony: I am not one to be a big fan of J. Crew dresses, because for some reason they are all so... shapeless. This one however, caught my eye in a way that I would love to have it and be a functioning adult with it.
BaubleBar Bow Drop Earrings: Let me preface this for these earrings (and for the rest of the post) that I am not the biggest fan of gold. I love gold accents in my home, but not on my skin. However, could these be the long-awaited exception to the norm? Bows give a delicate and feminine touch to any outfit, and right now, that touch makes me happy.
Lilly Pulitzer Elanie Dress: I am happy to report that after a while not feeling Lilly Pulitzer, it seems to have come back. Not for prints, but their solid dresses are well, damn solid. This dress would be incredible for a wedding.
Gucci Mini GG Marmont Shoulder Bag: LMAO for affordability, but damn I would rock this baby if I could.
Lilly Pulitzer Allyson Dress: This is my favorite item on this list hands down. No need to be partial, it is. Reasons why: a) It's fit and flare (like 4/5 dresses on the list), the dress type that fits me best, b) it is not too short for my 5'8ft body, which is something Lilly should work on pronto, c) THE COLOR. The Elanie dress is stunning, but the color on the Allyson is out of this world. I seriously considered buying it, but at the price point, I decided not to. Like my friend Anna said, Alexa, play Pretty Hurts by Beyoncé.
Yves Saint Laurent Heart and Arrow Rouge Volupte Shine Collector Lipstick: Well damn that's a mouthful. I have a never-ending collection of lipstick, but this would be perfect for a gift or to reverse-Marie Kondo my bathroom.
Gal Meets Glam Collection Edith Dress: I think a lot of Julia Engel's dresses are too old-time for me, but this dress could be lightened up with some fun accessories, my white Converse, a denim jacket and a smile. I dig it.
Lilly Pulitzer Cascading Petals Earrings: When I saw this on the web, I fell in love. When I saw them on a model though, they were bigger than I thought. I will probably have to see them in person, but the idea is very cute and they would complement my extra persona really well.
Gal Meets Glam Collection Zelda Dress: Another Julia Engel piece that puts me in a romantic mood and makes me wonder about Jane Austen's novels. Although Jane Austen did not write about love, she wrote about finding a husband. One of my favorite literature professors from my undergrad who sadly passed away on Christmas Eve said it, and I will never forget that.
Kate Spade New York Glitter Heart Phone Case for iPhone X, XS and XR: I recently got an iPhone XR, so this cute case would be a nice addition. Kinda cheesy, but it goes well with all the other options on this list.

There is no particular reason that I compiled these things other than the fact that it made me feel good to look at this aesthetically pleasing image. I probably will not buy any of these things (the Allyson dress though... ugh so hard), but I just sat down to write this, did it in one sitting, and I feel good and less funky after it. That should be the point of blogging, after all.
Love,

- Ane

No comments:

Post a Comment